Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Why is it 12.19 pm, and I'm sitting in the music office blogging?

Because I am .005 away GPA wise of getting put up for honors Russian. OK, so yea, this whole crazy idea, was very much just that, completely friggin' sumashedshie, nu tak kak vsjo u menja. Its nuts, but I dig it, and I'm kinda a lot disappointed. I can wait and do it later, if I can bring my GPA up (with 3 SOAN classes? unlikely), but that means either another summer in Portland schoolin', or the dreaded back to back thesi senior year. No, I don't have to write an honors thesis in Russian, but I think I've thought it through pretty clearly and rationally, and this will have a lot of play in what I want to do with at least a good portion of the near future, and the experience would be incalculable.

So, how do I actually do the whole school thing then well? How do I play this game so I get what I want out of it? I am such a psuedo student, I honestly don't know what I need to do to get better at this, and that in itself scares the crap out of me.

But in other news, the sun is out, classes are intriguing, there are new drummers/otherwise beautiful people, I've already got into it with the band director, my house is semi-put together, have I mentioned its sunny??, and I speaka the russian pretty damn well.

Life is grand.

No comments: