Thursday, February 07, 2008

Heart, My Lovely Hobo

"Searcher there is no road. We make the road by walking." - Antonio Machado

So much good flowing in and from so many different directions. I'm sort of overwhelmed.

No, I haven't fallen madly in love.
No, I haven't failed out of school.
No, I'm not depressed for the moment.
Yes, I do miss travelling.
Yes, I desparately miss outside.
No, I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
No, I'm not excessively concerned.

What I am doing is trying to make the road by walking it, one step at a time. Its pouring outside my window (and I mean pouring), and tonight I'm in sort of a damn-the-consequences mood. Thats kind of my motto for this last semester, do it anyway. Don't wait, don't hesitate, just throw that foot off the platform, and trust that theres ground somewhere beneath. Do it anyway, because if you're probably having this conversation in the first place you know the right choice.

I am not without flirtation and frustration and amelioration. I'm street luging down the dark sidestreet of life headfirst. The trick now is misplacing my anger and fear and resentment and trepidation; it's reteaching all of my internal boundaries of culture and upbringing and temperment, and stop expecting anything less.

No comments: