Sunday, November 09, 2008

Wants and Needs

Saturday night and I just couldn't bear wasting another evening. Instead I am stewing and sipping hot cider at that coffee place across from Walmart. I was up and out early today for some yoga, but fell back asleep as soon as I got back after sunrise. A good long talk on the phone with Chris, dinner, a shower, and there went another afternoon, whiled.

I'm here tonight because I need more order in these off-shift days. I need to figure out what I want and need from these jumbled days, and I need to be honest and methodical about how to go and get there.

So here it is, wellness Open Sky style:

Body:
physical exercise besides yoga 2x weekly
cook real meal on stove at least 2x weekly
take supplements regularly
see acupuncturist at least 1x monthly
shower at least every other day
get dressed well at least 4x weekly
lotion
clean bathroom at least 1 x monthly
leave floor clean before leaving for work
spend at least one hour outside at least 2 x weekly

Mind:
read books at least 3 x weekly
find and attend at least one concert/lecture/gathering of smart people weekly
watch at least 1 new movie a month
finish altar collage by january
pay off credit card by january
pay Mom debt at least 1 x every other month

Heart:
find and see shrink 1x monthly
locate volunteer opportunity and serve at least 5 hours monthly
journal at least 2 x weekly
speak with family at least 2 x weekly
write at least 1 poem per month
write at least 1 letter per month
leave house daily, even if just to walk Gilbert

Soul:
yoga at least 4 x weekly
meditate at least 4 x weekly
UU church at least 1 x month
locate music by january

So let it be so...

No comments: