Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Keep on Keeping On

Still lobster-ified. Still downing aleve ever three hours. Still cant sleep on my stomach, bring myself to wear a bra, or bathe.

Leave it to me to change my thesis for my final russian report a full two days before its due. Horray.

I'm attempting to provoke an argument about what is music (said argument started out as the demerits of pop music). In perusing the internet today I found this off an Aussie web site. Got a kick out of it, plus don't really want to copy the whole quote out to keep working from home.

*curses internet gods profusely*


"This rather long and unstructured rant is nearly over, so I’d like to send out a final message to the different kinds of music fans I mentioned above.

Scary Devout Teenage Pop Lovers - I hope that at some point you will learn that death threats are not the best way to defend your idol’s reputation on various websites, and I also hope you will open your minds and ears to the wonderful, diverse world of music out there.

To all the More-Alternative-Than-Thou group out there - I beg of you, take the time to actually listen to songs instead of instantly dismissing them because they don’t fit your ideal of clichéd “proper” music. Pop is your friend - nay, it´s more than a friend. It’s the drunken vapid floozy you go out with now and again when you want a cheap, dirty night of fun. Resisting her lusty charms in order to stay at home constantly with your lovable but often stern wife (indie\rock\metal\etc, for those of you not digging my metaphor) means you’re missing out. ausculture.com encourages your musical infidelity!

Finally, to the I Like Music, Full Stop bunch of music fans - to you, I simply say keep on keepin’ on. The meek may inherit the earth, but who cares? You’ll be heading straight to musical heaven to form a band with Jimi Hendrix, Britney Spears, John Bonham and Cher - or something."
Posted by Jess at August 10, 2004 03:33 PM

Hee.

Comment, damn it, I'll run out of ideas between here and thursday. Well, no. I'll run out of ideas which I can properlly elucidate in Russian.

T-28 days, just by the way. But who is counting?

Will anyone take my bike in P-land for the semester? Pullllllllllleeeeeeeease??

No comments: