Sunday, September 21, 2008

More 39 Foot Hills

I have pages and pages of travel/transitions musings that I'll write at some point, just not tonight. It's 7:30, I'm in Durango safe, sort of homeless, and have a RAGING altitude headache. But its getting dark and cold outside, which makes everything seem huge and so much more consequential.

For the plusses--I have a place to stay tonight and tommorow night. I have a few leads on housing. I know things will look so much clearer (physically and existentially) tommorow once training starts. Irma did quite well ( minus the iceball to the windshield this afternoon the size of my head) on the drive, overall I'm happy with her. I did pretty OK money wise on the trip, I'm under budget on gas, spent nothing on lodging yet, and a grand total of like 7 bucks so far on food. Camping by myself was pretty OK too. Colorado mountains are pretty damn phenomenal. Besides from the tourists I feel like I fit pretty well in with the vibe around here so far.

For the minuses--well, heres to assuming they'll be all gone and quieted by morning.

More soon.

No comments: