Monday, September 12, 2005

Twangy Little Me

Wow, I feel like an idiot now, actually looking at the date in print. I noticed piles of flowers outside the US consulate on my walk home today. I even asked the security guard out front what the deal was, and he looked at me funny and said he didn't know. Duh. Funny the ways we mark time through our days, what we remember, what sticks out so brilliantly, and whats been dulled away by the rush of ages.

I lost my nerve today. I already feel stupid about it. Always say yes atleast the first time, take advantage of every chance that comes along, because you never know where each evening ends. Yea, I talk the theory well, but cant always wrap my head around it when things come my way. Tonight the choir is singing at the wedding of the director, Edvard. They wanted us newbies to come, too, and I was all set to, but lost my nerve at the last minute. I didn't know the area, am not at all connected to the couple getting married, don't have anything to wear...etc etc etc. Basically, couldn't summon ehough balls in the end. I felt really out of place, or rather, assumed I would if I went. Stupid stupid stupid. How cool would it have been to not only see, but be a part of a Russian wedding?!? Grr on me.

No comments: