Monday, August 22, 2005

OH FUCK.

"Stuff your eyes with wonder. Live as if you'd drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream paid for in factories. Ask no guarantees, ask for no security, there never was such an animal. And if there were, it would be related to the great sloth which hangs upside down in a tree all day every day, sleeping its life away. To hell with that! Shake the tree and knock the great sloth down on his ass." - Ray Bradbury

Quote of the day. Not sure why, 'cept that I'm tired, and that much anticipated oh fuck freak out moment is rapidly approaching. The day (my last in this country for a while) is breaking down something like this:

- Breakfast with Tickle Boy (yes. you earned yourself a new name)
- Run to school to get rid of several pounds of tomatoes to band staff, give out my address to any and all assembled
- Another Target run (return extra camera case, attempt to get my watch shortened, general forgetful mayhem)
- More errands
- Pick up pants from cleaners
- Mall for memory card, mayhap take two of watch repair
- Stuffing bags full of crap
- Laundry
- Stuffing more bags full of crap
- Meeting Fraddy for last minute consoling/bitching/god I adore that man
- Attempting to make bread with Mommy. Dunno, but it sounded cool.
- Last dinner with my family
- More laundry
- More stuffing bags
- Tea with most adorable wise church lady (she asked.)
- More stuffage
- Charge the ipod
- Pack plane bag
- Repack plane bag, remembering that I'm now officially on a terrorist watch list. Try not to be an idiot, smartass, or inviting (for that story just ask)
- Perchance sleep some

Flights leaving tommorow from Reagan National (it frightens me how many people in this area don't even remember it before it was Reagan, and just plain national airport. OK so maybe I do have a bit of the native pride in me. Just a bit) at 12, so we'll probably head out around 10ish. I will do my best to actually sleep.

So much irrational nostalgia right now. I scare my self. So much is just the same as my last departure three years ago, like exactly. But so much is so very very different. My mind can't switch gears fast enough.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Remember to breathe! I can´t wait to hear all about it.