Thursday, January 15, 2009

The World Is Made of Energy

I know as soon as I open this they'll call me back down from break for breakfast...Steph and me planned a pretty mellow week with two layovers for personal time, so hopefully even with short breaks we'll have ample time for spacing out and reflecting.

I'm sort of in a weird floaty place right now. I am engaged, but not excited. I am blah, but not exhausted like I thought I was going to be. I am present, sort of, but already counting down the days to my next break, next off-shift, to February and March really. I am much less possessed by all that happened in December than I was last shift, at least for now.

Time's up.

It's been really interesting being on the mean staff since working on the Sky shift. It's a whole different energy than the other side of things, both with staffing and just the general vibe from the students. They see us as much more severe, the other staff takes care of them and we make them do for themselves. Its also weird to not have the kiddoes on my side for the first time in a while. I think thats more a lot of transferance going on on their side, some serious staff splitting, and I think me taking things more seriously than I should.

I love it when I'm the one figeting and zoning out and all of our students are actually being responsibly productive. I am warm and drowsy in the sunshine, probably a bit dehydrated, and really wishing I could nap in the sunshine someplace warm...

No comments: