Friday, May 20, 2005

Peut-etre?

In the midst of plotting escape numero dos from suburbia...horray for the Keystone Appalachian Trail Council. Question of the night: can I hike 12 miles of flat in a day? A long day? Am I nuts? Prior to two weeks ago's jaunt, I'd never done more than nine miles, well, to the best of my knowledge. I don't really remember the Sierra's trip, but I feel like I woulda remembered mileage like that. Not to mention going out with a trail virgin. Methinks nuts? Votes?

So it's breaking down like this...
Tuesday afternoon-hike in a few miles and camp
Wednesday-10-ish on easy elevation
Thursday-6ish. But only 'cause ya can't camp any further down
Friday-11miles. But dead flat. Like, less than 10 feet of elevation gained. Total. (God I love the Eastern Mountains)

27 miles in basically, 3 days, strikes me as a wee bit ambitious...Hmmm.

1 comment:

Ju said...

Hey Peggy, I nice blog. I´ve found you just because I noticed that you have "AFS" as one of your interests.
I´m really into AFS as a volunteer and I was an exchange student in your country some years ago.
So, maybe we can talk or something if you want. And you can check my blog too (it´s in Spanish, I´m from Argentina)

Ok, that´s it. Please e-mail me: juli_taleis@yahoo.com.ar

Bye! JULI