Thursday, December 25, 2008

Checkout Time

Today was hard. Christmas and all didn't really faze me very much, though I didn't entirely expect it to. My body is trying to tell me things I'm not ready to listen to, and is rebelling a bit in the meantime. I think I took that exhaustion and disembodied feeling of the past couple days and turned it into a migraine. Also the parts where I beat myself up over not feeling present I'm sure played a large part. At any rate, I basically slept through our holiday festivities for the most part. I took a long break and slept in the staff tent, and basically zoned out for the rest of the evening.

I am intrigued and curious about all the good spirits in the group right now, and whether it will hold up through expedition. We have the specter of solos and snow staring us down, not to mention another holiday.

I just cant shake the feeling that it doesn't feel like Christmas. Or New Years. Or my birthday. Or 2009 coming on, when 2008 with graduation has long been the most distant mark on my horizon. It doesn't feel like time is marching at all.

No comments: