Friday, March 20, 2009

Brink

Cottonwoods are creepy. The long end to a very long day and I am trying to fathom the back hike about tho happen to get out of this canyon and find water. My body hurts, my knees are throbbing. My mind is racing and so far past impatient the word seems far from adequate. My heart is impatient and close to the surface. I feel that in my body like bile rising quickly in my throat, a tightness in my chest, the tea pot close to boiling over. My soul is antsy and refusing to settle into my body.

I think secretely I enjoy the falling close to the brink, freaking out a wee bit then drawing back from the precipice. I particularly enjoy in a sick kind of way getting super frusterated and pissed off, then tipping over into that magical realm of ridiculousness and pure giddy abandon. Like tonight, when faced with no choice but the reality that I had to rally somehow, adrenaline I guess kicked in with the exhaustion. I got wicked silly, and things were somehow OK again. I'm grateful for that last unseen and unexpected pool of energy and the good mood adrenaline and endorphins managed to smack me into.

No comments: