Sunday, March 01, 2009

Magic, and Various Stages of Disarray

Its been a pretty solid day today, all around. The most magical two things that happened have to be me not getting cramps and staring my period for the first time in like forever. That, and busting my second ever fire tonight. Magic, I tell you, magic. Runner up would be packing up on time, its like this is all my job or something.

This is again such a very very different group. They are very much more ebullient than the last crew, and sort of snappish. They are quick to talk and easy to listen to. They are all in all quite funny. They are cliquish and sort of impulsive. They are engaging, and in various stages of Open Sky disarray. The energy of the group is slowly beginning to shift towards springtime energy, just like the weather.

Communication has been mostly OK so far this week. I think I've been pretty on top of it so far, and pretty vigilant about only speaking positively of people. I did two short one on ones today, and did way less talking than i have in the past. It helped to pick the two students who love most to talk...All in all a good start though I'd say. The times I have been a bit more harsh then I intended I've owned and apologized pretty quickly.

I feel different here this time out. I feel lighter, and less burdened. I feel stronger in a lot of ways. I'm excited for more than a whole extra week of face time ahead of me.

I can't believe it is March. How on earth did that happen?

No comments: